For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Error code 429: Time limit reset request

Hi I can't access data through in Python can you please help? I dont want to wait for this long this is 12 hours approx. can you reset the time limit please?

Error code 429 | Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for 48703 seconds.

error429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
864 4 2 8

Hi @elaine.aliwalas,

For this incident, internally we can raise a request by ourselves on the ServiceNow portal.

Based on the Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline document, the current request per second limit is 5 requests per second.

Please check the answers in the following posts for more detail about this issue:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Hi @Shadab Hussain Thank you. What is the procedure if this is for an external client please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @elaine.aliwalas

I think the client needs to adjust the code based on the answers from the old posts (those "Error code 429" links) that my colleague has given to you.