Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
54 2 4 11

How coud I retrieve NDA_RAW.Nda_date and NDA_RAW.Nda_volume via Python Eikon Data API properly?

I tried the following formula but it retrieved NA:

ek.get_timeseries(rics=['MPAA.O'], fields=['NDA_RAW.Nda_date','NDA_RAW.Nda_volume'], start_date='2005-01-01',end_date= '2005-03-22', interval = 'daily')

Your colleague advised me usind NDA_RAW.Nda_volume because it is more accurate than other indicators of volume.

eikoneikon-data-apipython
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @alekseenkova.marina,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @alekseenkova.marina ,

The field 'NDA_RAW' is only available on RHistory function in the Eikon Excel, not the Eikon Data API, to retrieve the same value, you can use the code below.

df, err = ek.get_data('MPAA.O', ['TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME.date', 'TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME'], 
    {'SDate':'2005-01-01', 'EDate':'2005-03-22', 'Frq':'D'})
df

Here's the output, it's matched with the output from RHistory function

1652795203882.png

Hope this helps

1652795203882.png (110.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dear @raksina.samasiri, what is the difference in the resulted data between the code you provided and the following one:

import refinitiv.data as rd

rd.open_session()

rd.get_history(universe="MPAA.O", fields=["ACVOL_UNS"], interval="1D", start="2005-01-01", end="2005-03-22")

?

Dear @alekseenkova.marina,

As I compared the result from the code posted by you and me, the value are all matched

Plus, here's the description of both fields from DIB (Data Item Browser) app in Eikon Desktop

1652799087217.png

1652799066002.png

However, this forum is more for programming-type queries, rather than content queries such as this one. I would recommend you to contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to clarify the difference between those fields

1652799066002.png (44.0 KiB)
1652799087217.png (92.4 KiB)

Dear @raksina.samasiri,

Could you tell me, please, why when I lauch the code rd.get_history(universe="MPAA.O", fields=["ACVOL_UNS"], interval="1D", start="2005-01-01", end="2005-03-22") in CODEBOOK I do not have any problems, whereas I launch the same code in Jupyter I get the following error message:

refinitiv.data._errors.RDError: Error code 1 | No data to return, please check errors: ERROR: No successful response.

(TS.Interday.UserRequestError.70005, The universe is not found.. Requested ric: MPAA.PK. Requested fields: ['ACVOL_UNS', 'DATE'])

I request data for MPAA.O and not MPAA.PK
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.