question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 4 3

From SFC (SSL?) to RFA - are connection parameters the same?

I'm trying to follow RFASimpleRecord example that comes with RFA libraries in the SFCtoRFAGuide folder. I'm not being able to get data feed from our service and I wonder if the servername, port, and service name are the same that I normally use with the SFC COM libraries or do I need to specify different port or service name? Thanks.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

The RFA.NET example "RFASimpleRecord" is an OMM Consumer application, and would connect to RSSL port of the server. This port is usually 14002 which is different from SSL port, which is usually 8101.

First thing you should check is that your server is listening on RSSL port and that you have TCP route open to this port. Other parameters like username, hostname will be same.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Port number did the trick! Thanks a lot for your help!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.