Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

How do I download Fund Shareholder's History report of a company ? The data we get when we go to "Ownership->Fund Shareholder's History Report" of Any Company of our choice.

Kindly help me with this issue which I am facing for the past 2 days. Your help would be appreciated.

I cannot find it on the EIKON tutorials as well.

Thank you.

eikontime-seriesfundamentalsfundamental-databacktesting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @varadraj ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@varadraj Apols for delay in response - just noticed this - so here you can iterate and build a composite frame with monthly API calls - as the frame is too large for 1 API call:

totdf = pd.DataFrame()
for month in range(0,-24,-1):
    sdate = str(month) + "M"
    df,e = ek.get_data(instruments=['VOD.L'], fields=['TR.InvestorFullName','TR.SharesHeld','TR.SharesHeld.calcdate','TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld'],parameters={'SDate':sdate})
    if len(totdf):
        totdf = pd.concat([totdf, df], axis=0)
    else:
        totdf = df

totdf.reset_index(inplace=True)
totdf

1655112767777.png

Regarding your other points:

You cannot download data for all fields - you need to specify which fields you need and their parameters. Please use the Data Item Browser app (type DIB into eikon search bar) to discover what fields and parameter settings are available.

The Position change field is a calculated field in app I believe - not available via API - you can of course calculate this now you have the raw data in python.

I hope this can help.

1655112767777.png (181.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
10.2k 18 6 9

@varadraj Thanks for your question. Please try this code:

df,e = ek.get_data(instruments=['VOD.L'], fields=['TR.InvestorFullName','TR.SharesHeld','TR.SharesHeld.calcdate','TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld'],parameters={'SDate':'-10M'})

df

1654510749440.png

So you can change the RIC and also change the SDate parameter to get a history. I hope this can help.

1654510749440.png (183.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Thank you so much for the help.

Now If I want to download data for last 24 months then how should we do it?

Because setting 'SDate': '-24M' will give data of 2020-07-31 month only.

Moreover if you go to this link : https://apac1-apps.platform.refinitiv.com/web/Apps/Corp?s=AXBK.NS&st=RIC&app=true#/Apps/Ownership?view=fundShareholdersHistoryReport

We cannot download the data for "Position Change(M)" since there is no symbol available for it to put on fields list. How can we download that data using eikon data API?

Lastly, how to download data for all fields without specifying any field explicitly?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.