question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 6 8

CUSIP/ISIN to RIC

ezyzip-2.zip

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to convert a list of 140,000+ CUSIPs/ISINs to RIC through RD library? I would appreciate if you could provide me a sample code. Attached are the list of CUSIPs/ISINs that I want to convert to RIC

eikonpythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikoneikon-com-api
ezyzip-2.zip (470.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @georgecambridge001

You can use the RD or RDP Library to help with the conversion.

The following example takes a list of ISINs (other symbology types are also supported) from a file and converts them to RICs

Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.Python.ConvertSymbology: Simple notebook to convert ISINs (or other Symbology) to RICs using the Refinitiv Data Platform Symbology API (github.com)

As per your other post, I do recommend you work through the tutorials for the RD Library to gain a better understanding of how you can use the library e.g. there is a tutorial on Symbology conversion (amongst others) RD Library Symbology Tutorial | Refinitiv Developers

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.