question

Upvotes
Accepted

Conncet EIKON to Google Colab

I have the same question like the one posted in the forum in 2020 (see link below). However, it was not answered clearly and the link provided in this thread is not accessible anymore. So I would like to reopen the question and ask if and how I can connect to EIKON using google colab.

Question from 2020: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/59788/can-i-use-eikon-api-in-colabresearchgooglecom.html

eikon-data-apipython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@basilio.konstantin.kalus

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@basilio.konstantin.kalus

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @basilio.konstantin.kalus

The basic requirement to utilize the desktop APIs is that your Python code you are trying to execute connects to a server (proxy) running on the machine where you are running the code, i.e. localhost.

This proxy is started by Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace.

That being said, with Google Colab, you will have to investigate whether you can run your notebook in such a way that it can connect to local resources on your personal computer where Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace is running. I assume the error your are receiving is that it fails to connect.

Here is the proper link that you can access: Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting | Refinitiv | Refinitiv Developers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes

Understood, many thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.