question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How can I finish the price search process using RFA.Reuters (NET) after getting the Initial Image?

How can I finish the price search process using RFA.Reuters (NET) after getting the Initial Image?
rfa.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @Marcelo Ledezma

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Marcelo Ledezma

I am sorry but I truly don't understand what you mean by 'finish the process'?

Please expand on the process, what you are trying to achieve / your end objective is?

RFA.NET is a real-time streaming API - which can be used to subscribe to streaming data and then consume that streaming data in terms of receiving the initial Refresh message + any subsequent updates and then parsing the messages to extract the fields of data in those messages.

If and when you no longer want to receive data for a given instrument you can unsubscribe the instrument to close the stream.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Marcelo Ledezma

Can you please expand on your question - don't understand what you mean by 'finish price search process'?

When you subscribe to an instrument using RFA.Net - by default, you should get the

• initial Image (which contains all possible Fields for that instrument - including any that are currently blank).
  • this should then be followed by update messages which contain any changes to that instrument - as and when any market activity takes place

If you have not already done so, I recommend you work through the RFA.NET tutorials - Tutorials | Refinitiv Developers

However, I should point out that RFA.NET is a feature-complete API and will not support any new features or functionality we offer in the future (nor some current features such as Cloud based Real-time data).

For any new development work, we recommend you use the RT-SDK (C++/Java) or the Websocket API(C#/Python - any language that supports Websockets).
If you are using .NET, then you could also consider the RD Library for .NET which is an ease-of-use wrapper around the Websocket API (and is currently in Beta)

The following article may be of value to you - Choosing your Refinitiv Real-Time Streaming API | Refinitiv Developers

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1
Hi @umer.nalla !
My question was if there was any example of how to finish the process after getting the prices?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Marcelo Ledezma

Thinking last night, I wondered if you meant by 'finish the process' to mean stop receiving updates after the refresh - i.e. stop subscribing to the instrument once you receive the initial image?

If that is the case, you can change the interaction type in your request message e.g.

reqMsg.InteractionType = ReqMsg.InteractionTypeFlag.InitialImage;

instead of the typical type which indicates both Refresh and Update:

reqMsg.InteractionType = ReqMsg.InteractionTypeFlag.InitialImage | ReqMsg.InteractionTypeFlag.InterestAfterRefresh

Setting the Interaction to InitialImage only will result in the event stream being closed automatically by the API, once you receive the Initial Image (or a Closed stream StatusMsg). You will not need to unsubscribe from the instrument yourself.

Furthermore, if you want to terminate the application cleanly, once you have received all, you can look at the Examples\QuickStartConsumer source code.

You will note that the QuickStartConsumer runs for 60secs and then stops dispatching events and performs various cleanup operations including calling unregister on the Login Handle, deactivating and destroying various RFA objects.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.