question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

EIKON QUESTION VBSCRIPT

I have one question about Eikon that I am hoping you could help address. We have Eikon set up on a laptop that we check out to faculty and students. Our IT department recently alerted us that they have been getting security alerts from the laptop related to Eikon’s use of VBScript and macros. Our campus no longer supports VBScript since it is considered an outdated and easily exploitable scripting language that was Microsoft disabled as a default on Windows 10.

Is Refinitiv aware of the issue with VBScript, and is there a way to address this security concern? I imagine other institutions that use Eikon are having similar issues, so I’d be curious how other Eikon users have handled this issue as well.

It’s unclear to me how much Eikon uses VBScript, but I am assuming it is involved with the Eikon Excel Plugin—so I wonder if one option would be to uninstall the Excel plug-in. Or does the Eikon standalone application use VBScript as well?

eikonexcelmacroswindows-10vbscript
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@andres.hidalgo

Eikon provides COM APIs for use in Microsoft Office which can be used with VBA. Therefore, if you open Excel files that use this API with VBA, VBA is required to run the files.

For other questions regarding Eikon and VBScript, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitv. The Eikon support team can clarify your concerns.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.