question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

how does an ads pop deal with trep F/H deltas received before initial image

Can a provider send deltas before a restate when it first starts publishing on a stream

ADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@colin.mackenzie01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@colin.mackenzie01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @colin.mackenzie01

Thanks for the explanation.

From a developer perspective, as far as I am aware, when a Provider/publisher application (i.e not a Posting/Contribution type application) starts publishing - it has to publish an Image before it can send Updates.

In terms of whether RTDS would somehow hold onto an update and then create a partial update etc after the Refresh - I would highly doubt that.

However, you would need an RTDS expert to confirm the above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just to confirm, any updates sent by a provider before it sends the initial image are indeed discarded by RTDS components.
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @colin.mackenzie01

I suspect this may be a question for the RTDS team via My.Refinitiv.

This forum is primarily for API/developer related questions and whilst I have some experience and knowledge of TREP/RTDS usage with our APIs - I don't really understand your question.

I particularly don't understand the terms F/H deltas and restate? Can you elaborate?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks for your response, I went to myrefinitiv first & they directed me to you.

Don't worry i will persevere with them.

Thanks anyway.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @colin.mackenzie01

Did you specifically select the 'Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Distribution Server' for product choice?

If you can elaborate on the above terms me or someone else on here might still be able to help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Yes I did.
Basically, we have a developer involved in standing up a TREP Feed Handler for a direct service from ICE. Because it's not working yet he is worried that the ads is unhappy with the feed sending deltas that are not an image so it won't bring the service UP. All I really wanted was some official info on what the ads would do with that data. Does it just throw it away until an image comes in or does it crate an instrument that is partially complete etc.? A segment from a document would suffice. Just wanted an official answer. It may well be that the TREP F/H won't publish until certain criteria are met.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.