Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

History of Credit Rating Outlook

Hi, is there a way to get the full history of a firms rating outlooks? Currently, it appears to me that the API only outputs the most recent outlook opinion of any given rating agency. I am running with the following code:

START = '1995-01-01'
END = '2022-07-05'

OL = ['TR.CommonName', 'TR.IO.OutlookDate', 'TR.IO.OutlookEndDate', 'TR.IO.Outlook','TR.IO.OutlookDescription','TR.IO.OutlookRatingSourceDescription', 'TR.IO.OutlookSourceCode','TR.IO.OutlookSourceDescription',      'TR.IO.OutlookScopeDescription']

df, err = eikon.get_data(
    ['NO0010096985'], OL,
    {'SDate': START, 'EDate': END, 'RatingScope': 'All'}
)
eikon-data-apipythoncredit-ratings
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@research2

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@research2

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.7k 21 2 6

Hi @research2,

Have you looked for Time Series field in the DIB? I found this, was that what you were after?

1658417445189.png
I then used codebook to test this using the RD library (although you can still use the eikon DAPI in the way you are):

1658417610985.png

1658417445189.png (110.5 KiB)
1658417610985.png (69.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jonathan.legrand Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate these results using Eikon DAPI. Could you provide any hint on how the query would like in DAPI?

Also, when opening the DIB, most field appear to be empty, could this be the reason?

screenshot-2022-07-22-094605.png

Hi @research2, Yes, I'm afraid that this would be the issue. No data is provided for these fields for the instrument you are after, and it can therefore not be found on the Eikon DAPI.

However, I noticed that there are several Equinor RICs, which one are you after? Because 'NO0010096985' did seem to have the fields you were after...

If you cannot see these data points populated on your Data Item Browser, then it may be that you are not covered for them by your Eikon License; in that case, I would suggest that you reach out to the helpdesk to inquire about adding the correct permissions to your license.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.