Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Eikon Python API - close prices after market closes for Baltic Exchange Supramax Index (.BSIS) and CRB Index (.TRCCRB)

I am trying to get the daily close price for for Baltic Exchange Supramax Index (.BSIS) and CRB Index (.TRCCRB) after the market closes. I run my script around 6:50pm UK time but the close price for the current day come up as 0. This is my code below:

start_date =str(datetime.date.today() - datetime.timedelta(80))

end_date = str(datetime.date.today())

df_real_time = ek.get_timeseries(['/.BSIS', '/.TRCCRB ' ],

start_date = start_date,

end_date = end_date,

fields = ['*'],

interval = 'daily')

eikon-data-apipython apimarket-by-pricethomson-reuters
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @BSeed ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @BSeed,

Running your code, I do not reproduce 0s at the moment, which is likely because today's closing prices are not part of the time series yet.

If on the next day, you find CLOSE prices for the previous day populated as expected, than is your primary interest is to find out what time this content becomes available and to run the request accordingly? If it is what you are looking for, than a Refinitiv content expert should be able to help, you can submit the question directly online via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Eikon or let us know and we can give a hand by submitting the question on your behalf.

Otherwise- please let us know

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.