question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

Historic values for InflationIndexRatio using IPA for Bonds

Hi team,

I hope you are doing well.

I am using refinitiv.dataplatform in Python. I am trying to get historical information for the field "InflationIndexRatio". Could you please help me?

rdp.get_bond_analytics(
    universe = ["XS029941629=RRPS"], #RIC
    fields = ["InflationIndexRatio"], #FIELDS
    calculation_params=ipa.bond.CalculationParams(market_data_date="2022-06-01")
)

That is what I am trying but I am not getting the historical value. Is there away to get a historical value or a time series?

I need to replicate the following but using get_bond_analyitcs, is it possible?

rd.get_data(universe = 'XS029941629=RRPS', 
            fields = ['TR.FiIndexRatio(SDate=0,EDate=-1000,Frq=NA).date','TR.FiIndexRatio(SDate=0,EDate=-1000,Frq=NA)'])

Thank you,

Tomas

bondsindex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tomas.arditi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @tomas.arditi,

Using the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net, you can try the following based on the Historical Pricing interface example

Summaries.Definition("XS029941629=RRPS").Interval(Summaries.Interval.P1M)
                                        .Fields("IDX_RATIO")
                                        .Start("2022-01-01")
                                        .GetData();

ahs.png

ahs.png (9.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.9k 15 2 7

Dear @tomas.arditi ,

Thank you for your question. I tried to get the requested field as of your specified date using RD(refinitiv.dataplatform) libraries.

from refinitiv.data.content.ipa.financial_contracts import bond
response = bond.Definition(
    instrument_code = "XS029941629=RRPS",
    fields = ["InflationIndexRatio"],
    pricing_parameters = bond.PricingParameters(
        market_data_date="2022-06-01"
    )
).get_data()

response.data.df

screen-shot-2022-08-15-at-150237.png

Could you please have a look at this code output and see if this resolves your question?

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 4

Hi @h.aramyan

I hope you are doing well.

I am trying to get the time series for the Inflation Index Ratio. Is it possible?

Thanks and kind regards,

Tomas Arditi

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @tomas.arditi ,

according to the pricing parameters you can't request a marketDataDate (didn't seem to find another pricing parameter returning range either) as a range. You may need to use a loop to request for a range you want.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.