For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Unable to request MEDIA_CHECK via API

We have a trial account for the World Check One API and we can't post a request to the /screeningRequest endpoint (perform synchronous screening for a new case) if we include MEDIA_CHECK in the provider types. We're making the call from a simple C# class. We were previously able to do this, and the code at our end hasn't changed, so I think it must be something to do with the account settings. We can screen a new case with Media Check from the web site, and we can screen a case via the API if we don't include MEDIA_CHECK in the ProviderTypes array in the request. But if we ask for WATCHLIST and MEDIA_CHECK, we get 403 Forbidden. I've already raised a support ticket and they have directed me here. We have two Groups in our account, and both have Media Check listed under Product Entitlements. Can you help?

worldcheck-one-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Paul.Weaver ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 2 2 3

Hi @Paul.Weaver, thank you for providing that! After looking into your account settings a little further, I noticed you do not have Media-Check API access:
1661300162387.png
The above setting should also include Media-Check, and since it is not enabled, you are getting the error you mentioned. In order to get this enabled, kindly speak to your integration/solutions consultant. If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Judith

1661300162387.png (5.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks again for your help. We were able to get the appropriate access enabled and everything is working now.
Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

Hi @Paul.Weaver, thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to help.

One of the things we have to keep in mind is that even though you have Media Check enabled in your account, you do NOT have Media Check OGS at initial screen:
1661187262935.png

Having said that, would you please send me the request body you are trying to send so that I can investigate further (assuming that you are not trying to do Media Check OGS as I have mentioned above)?

Thanks,

Judith

1661187262935.png (8.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Thank you for your help with this. As far as I know I'm not requesting OGS, unless it's being requested by default and I haven't realised. I have since examined the error object that comes back with a rejected request:

error: MEDIA_CHECK_UNAVAILABLE
cause: This operation has failed. You do not have Media-Check entitlement.

I've posted two request bodies below. The first is accepted, the second gets 403 Forbidden.

{
"entityType": "INDIVIDUAL",
"groupId": "5jb6qi8bd7i21ghxrxn4m2rxi",
"caseId": "PRH0823A",
"name": "John William Smith",
"providerTypes": [
"WATCHLIST"
],
"secondaryFields": [
{
"value": "MALE",
"typeId": "SFCT_1"
},
{
"dateTimeValue": "1956-09-23",
"typeId": "SFCT_2"
},
{
"value": "GBR",
"typeId": "SFCT_3"
},
{
"typeId": "SFCT_4"
},
{
"typeId": "SFCT_5"
}
]
}

{
"entityType": "INDIVIDUAL",
"groupId": "5jb6qi8bd7i21ghxrxn4m2rxi",
"caseId": "PRH0823B",
"name": "John William Smith",
"providerTypes": [
"WATCHLIST",
"MEDIA_CHECK"
],
"secondaryFields": [
{
"value": "MALE",
"typeId": "SFCT_1"
},
{
"dateTimeValue": "1956-09-23",
"typeId": "SFCT_2"
},
{
"typeId": "SFCT_3"
},
{
"typeId": "SFCT_4"
},
{
"typeId": "SFCT_5"
}
]
}

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.