Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Unable to get Data for RIC GBIRPO1=R (Parameter calculated by refinitiv)

I am hereby requesting help on retrieving historical data from the Refinitiv data library (dataplatform) api.

I am interested in obtaining historical data for the RIC "GBIRPO1=R" for the parameter "RT_YIELD_1" which is the Implied Yield Close calculated by Refinitiv. The code I am using in the codebook app is: rd.get_history(universe="RT_YIELD_1", fields=["RT_YIELD_1"], interval="1Y") But I get the following error: RDError: Error code 1 | No data to return, please check errors: No data to return, please check errors: ERROR: No successful response. (TS.Interday.UserRequestError.70005, The universe is not found..

I am although able to get the historical data (for the same RIC and Parameter) through excel with the following formula: =RHistory(GBIRPO1=R;$B$8;"START:"&"01/01/2020"&" END:"&"01/01/2022"&" INTERVAL:1D";;"CH:FD NULL:ZERO DAY:W SORT:DESC TSREPEAT:NO";Implied Yield Close)

I would greatly appreciate your help on getting this to work through the dataplatform API

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @svicente

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@svicente

I got the "The universe does not support the following fields: [RT_YIELD_1]." error when running this code:

rd.get_history(universe="GBIRPO1=R", fields=["RT_YIELD_1"], interval="1Y")

It looks like the value of RT_YIELD_1 of GBIRPO1=R is not available on the RDP historical endpoint.

Moreover, from my testing, the rd.get_history method can't retrieve any historical data of GBIRPO1=R.

The /data/historical-pricing/v1/views/interday-summaries/ endpoint in RDP doesn't return any data for GBIRPO1=R.

1661306482076.png

You may need to contact the RDP support team directly via MyRefintiv to verify it.

However, Eikon Data API can retrieve historical data of GBIRPO1=R. You can refer to the 01.04 Eikon Data API/Eikon_Data_API_TimeSeries.ipynb example in CodeBook.

1. ek.get_timeseries(['GBIRPO1=R'],interval="yearly",start_date="2010-01-01", end_date="2022-12-01")

1661306649869.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.