For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 5 8

Hi, to extract the Intraday Pricing data I have passed the InstrumentExtractionRequestIntraday as input to the Extract method of the DSS WSDL mentioned in the guide.

I have loaded the input request request.png and the error-response.png

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
error-response.png (8.5 KiB)
request.png (19.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Please see the following example of the InstrumentExtractionRequestIntraday.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:v1="http://reuters.com/datascopeselect/ExtractionService/v1/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <soapenv:Header>

<v1:CredentialsHeader>
// Credential removed.
      </v1:CredentialsHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <v1:Extract xmlns="http://reuters.com/datascopeselect/ExtractionService/v1/">
         <!--Optional:-->
         	<v1:request xsi:type="InstrumentExtractionRequestIntradayPricing">
         	<v1:OutputFields>
			<v1:string>RIC</v1:string>
			<v1:string>Ask Price</v1:string>
			<v1:string>Low Price</v1:string>
		</v1:OutputFields>

<v1:Instruments>
               <v1:ValidatedInstrument>
                  <v1:IdentifierValue>BRL=</v1:IdentifierValue>
                  <v1:IdentifierType>RIC</v1:IdentifierType>
                  <v1:Source>N/E</v1:Source>
                  <v1:AssetId>0x00100b0003658c7e</v1:AssetId>
                  <v1:QuoteId>0x0003dc003149c364</v1:QuoteId>
                  <v1:Segment>Y</v1:Segment>
                  <v1:ObjectType>MNQU</v1:ObjectType>
                  <v1:Ric>BRL=</v1:Ric>
                  <v1:FileCode/>
               </v1:ValidatedInstrument>

</v1:Instruments>
         </v1:request>
      </v1:Extract>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

For the ValidatedInstrument in the Instruments list, you can retrieve this information via the ValidatedInstrument request. Below is the example.

<soapenv:Body>
      <v1:ValidateInstruments>
         <v1:request>
            <v1:PerformExpansion>?</v1:PerformExpansion>
            <v1:Identifiers>
               <!--Zero or more repetitions:-->
               <v1:InstrumentIdentifier>
                  <v1:IdentifierValue>BRL=</v1:IdentifierValue>
                  <v1:IdentifierType>RIC</v1:IdentifierType>
               </v1:InstrumentIdentifier>
            </v1:Identifiers>
         </v1:request>
      </v1:ValidateInstruments>
   </soapenv:Body>
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.1k 5 3 5

Note: The DSS SOAP API has reached its End-Of-Life and is no longer being actively being developed and enhanced. The site now utilizes a REST API and any and all new work should be done referencing the REST API. You can read more about how to use the REST API, see samples, and download .Net artifacts here on the forums and at https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/Index

If this is new code, it should really be built to use the REST API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 5 8

thanks Rick for the suggestion. Now in case of REST API, IntradayPricingExtractionRequest is the method to retrieve the Intraday Pricing data correct me if Iam wrong. Can you provide with brief example of request.Please help@veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@gnareshkumar

For REST API examples of intraday requests, for pure HTTP requests see REST API Tutorial 3, for C# see the .Net Tutorial 4, for Java download the Java samples and look at DSS2IntradayClient.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 5 8

When i tried doing it. Getting the below error.error-in-rest-api.png

icon clock
10 |1500

@gnareshkumar

Your screenshot does not show the entire URL, we can't debug it.

Here is the correct URL that works to request the list of valid field types, extracted from the REST API Tutorial 3, which delivers and explains all the calls you need:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/GetValidContentFieldTypes(ReportTemplateType=ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.ReportTemplateTypes'IntradayPricing')
Upvotes
5 1 5 8

sorry Chris. I uploaded a wrong screenshot. Please check this outerror-in-extract.png

icon clock
10 |1500

@gnareshkumar

That URI seems correct. There must be something wrong elsewhere in your query, but you do not give sufficient details. Is it a POST or a GET ? Did you set the headers ? What is in the body ? Send the entire request if you want us to debug.

Did you try copying and running the queries form the REST API Tutorial 3 ? They have been tested and work fine.

I see you are using SoapUI, but I'll still mention that there is a Postman collection in the downloads, which contains all the queries. That should also help get you on track.

The HTTP method for this command has to be POST. You may use Postman to test the extraction.

@gnareshkumar

I was wondering if the issue is related to SoapUI (I usually use Postman), but a simplified request based on DSS REST API Tutorial 3 works fine in SoapUI as well, see the screenshot.

It also works using ExtractWithNotes instead of Extract.

intradayinsoapui.png

intradayinsoapui.png (168.0 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.