question

Upvote
Accepted
5 1 2 7

send data to adh with python

Hi - I would like to send some data to an internal source using python - do you have any examples of how to bring up a source app and send data please?

Ideally my python script would advertise a port, which the adh would connect to and then i send the data directly to the adh.

Thanks

Martin

pythonADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @martin.gregory ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @martin.gregory

Please be informed that we have only a plan for the SDK C# edition only, you can find more detail from the RTSDK roadmap page (note: the items and date information are subject to change).

You can submit an enhancement request to the product team about the Python SDK via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/feedback.html page.

Additionally, can you clarify this "it means I need another source app to host the source to accept the SSL inserts I think?" message?

The ADS' WebSocket connection supports the Post/Contribution feature. The consumer-source application can connect to the ADS via the WebSocket connection, then contribute data directly to the ADS via the Post message (in JSON message format) as the following diagram. The ADS automatics convert the Post JSON message to Refinitiv Real-Time format and post that data to the ADH server.

websocket-posting.png

The ADH server can be configured a "cache-service" for receiving and caching the Post data without the source application via the cacheServiceList parameter:

cacheservicelist.png

You can find more detail about the ADH and Posting message configurations in section 13 "OMM Posting and SSL Inserts" of the ADH document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks very much. So just so im clear the solution at present would be to bring up a non interactive source on the adh and define it in the cacheServiceList and then use an ads connection via the websocket connection to insert into it?

Thanks

Martin

Hello @martin.gregory

Yes, you understand correctly.

Please note that you must also enable the ADH to support Posting/Inserting. I highly recommend you contact your Market Data team to help you with the ADH configurations.

Thanks all to all 3 (this reply and the ones below, and above). I'm connected to an ads websocket now and sending off stream json posts successfully. The links raksina sent were particularly useful in this regard.
Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @martin.gregory

Do you mean you want the Python script that runs as an Interactive Provider/Non-Interactive Provider, then the ADH connects to that script and receives data from the Python source app?

If so, the Interactive Provider and Non-Interactive Provider features are available with Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (EMA and ETA APIs) Java and C/C++ editions only. You can find more detail about the EMA API Non-Interactive Provider in the following resources:

Alternatively, You can use the Real-Time WebSocket API to "contribute" data from a Python application to ADH via the following connection diagram:

Python --> ADS --> ADH

You can find more detail about contributing data with the WebSocket API from the following resources:

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
5 1 2 7

Hi Wasin - thanks for the information. Are there any plans to make the SDK available for python?

Because if we go down the ADS---->ADH route, it means I need another source app to host the source to accept the SSL inserts i think?

Thanks

Martin

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @martin.gregory ,

It can be done using Websocket API, I'd like to recommend you to check the tutorials and articles below and please let us know in case you have any further questions

icon clock
10 |1500

Very useful links, thank you.
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @martin.gregory

In addition to my colleagues' responses above, you may also find the following article useful.

Testing Real-time Streaming applications with Docker & Refinitiv Real-Time Connector Part 2 | Refinitiv Developers

Whilst it talks about RTC, the same principles apply to an ADH - see the section 'Configure RTC for a Posting Cache and NIProvider service'

The service that is created in the above steps allows for Posting and/or Non-interactive provider to populate its cache.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 7

Hi all

I'm getting an error message on "ID" when posting into the ADS via the websocket - see below. Please can you help me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Martin

SENT:

{

"Ack":true,

"Domain":"MarketPrice",

"ID":"777",

"Key":{

"Name":"MARTIN",

"Service":"LFC2"

},

"Message":{

"Domain":"MarketPrice",

"Fields":{

"ASK":2,

"BID":1

},

"ID":"777",

"Key":{

"Name":"MARTIN",

"Service":"LFC2"

},

"Type":"Update"

},

"PostID":1,

"PostUserInfo":{

"Address":"10.200.211.211",

"UserID":"radmin"

},

"Type":"Post"

}

[{"ID":0,"Type":"Error","Text":"JSON Converter Token Type error: Expected 'PRIMITIVE' for

key 'ID' Received 'STRING'","Debug":{"File":"/local/jenkins/workspace/RTDS35XCore_Release/OS/OL7-64/esdk/source/rtsdk/Cpp-C/Eta/Impl/Converter/jsonToRwfSimple.C","Line":364,"Offset":335,"Message":"{\"Domain\": \"MarketPrice\", \"Ack\": true, \"PostID\": 1, \"PostUserInfo\": {\"Address\": \"10.200.211.211\", \"UserID\": \"radmin\"}, \"Key\": {\"Name\": \"MARTIN\", \"Service\": \"LFC2\"}, \"Message\": {\"ID\": \"777\", \"Type\": \"Update\", \"Domain\": \"MarketPrice\", \"Fields\": {\"BID\": 1, \"ASK\": 2}, \"Key\": {\"Name\": \"MARTIN\", \"Service\": \"LFC2\"}}, \"Type\": \"Post\", \"ID\": \"777\"}"}}]

icon clock
10 |1500

Pls ignore - have fixed this
Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @martin.gregory

I am glad to hear that the issue has been fixed on your side.

According to the Real-Time WebSocket API specification, the ID value needs to be an integer, not a string.

post-msg.png

You can find more detail about the WebSocket API protocol, and JSON message structure from the following resources:

post-msg.png (40.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.