For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 0 2

How do i access the calendar file data(trading hours) from client file store?

I was referring to the client file store post:
https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/introduction-to-client-file-store--cfs----python

There were few details variables like
RDP_BASE_URL + CATEGORY_URL + RDP_AUTH_VERSION + ENDPOINT_URL and client id/client secret i am not sure what end point do i need to hit to get calendar data. could some one pleas help me out.

python apitrth-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@akhilesh.naredla

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @akhilesh.naredla,

I think you are looking to access CFS Financial Markets Reference Data (FMRD).

Please see Refinitiv Financial Markets Reference Data User Guide to verify how to access this content set.

If this is what you are looking for, then bucket should be RFT-BULK-FMRD, and if I were to guess, the file is likely market events reference init:

rmrd.gif

If this is not it, you may review the other available content from the service, or open a content support ticket with Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Financial Market Reference Data to help identify the content.

Once you have this information confirmed, the code from the article can be used to download the file.

rmrd.gif (115.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @zoya faberov i will go through the link you shared

Hi @zoya faberov what should i select when creating an App Key: Aka Application ID, aka AppKey is a unique identifier,

1666822289023.png
And also is there any documentation for token generation when trying to access the CFS, i tried examples in this link but not sure if the url is still valid:
https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-platform-apis/tutorials#authorization-all-about-tokens

I tried creating an token using below code i was getting error 400.Note i used EIkon Data API in this case for App key generation

def generate_token():
    auth_url = "https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token"
    auth_header = {
        'Host': 'api.refinitiv.com',
        'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate',
        'Accept': 'application/json',
        'Content-Type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded',
        'Authorization': 'Basic encoded(AppKey)',
    }
    auth_data = {
        'username': 'xxxx',
        'password': 'xxxx',
        'grant_type': 'password',
        'scope': 'trapi'

}
    print("Send Login request")
    resp = requests.post(auth_url, params=auth_data, headers=auth_header)
1666822289023.png (16.6 KiB)
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @akhilesh.naredla ,

To get started with Refinitiv Data Platform authentication, please refer to Quickstart guide for Refinitiv Data Platform it is common for all RDP APIs and will be fully applicable to RDP CFS FMRD authentication.

In Quickstart guide you will find a link to AppKey generator as well, when you request to generate, please select "EDP", as this is a former name for "RDP".

The code included with CFS Intro article can be used to generate authentication token, if you are comfortable with Postman tool, you may wish to download and import RDP Postman Starter examples, section Authentication request Get Access Token can be used to test authentication via token. Next you will be able to also test section CFS -> CFS - Financial Market Data.

Hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.