Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Getting actual earnings forecast t+1 using Eikon API

Hi All,

I'm hoping if someone could help guiding me how to get the actual EPS value. I'm abit confused about the "Financial period" option in the parameters. If I want to get the actual EPS for December, 2019, is the following equation correct? Should I choose FY0 or FY1?

=TR("ABBV.N","ABS(ZAV(TR.EPSActValue))","Period=FY0 Frq=D SDate=20181201 EDate=20181231 RH=date Transpose=Y",D6)

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @business1 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @business1 ,

is this what you're looking for? I've checked that the output is the same as Eikon Excel.

df, err = ek.get_data('ABBV.N', ['TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY0).date', 'ABS(ZAV(TR.EPSActValue(Period=FY0)))']
                                 , { 'Frq': 'D', 'SDate' :'2018-12-01', 'EDate': '2018-12-31'})
df

1666325879083.png

Then you can transpose the dataframe using the code below

df = df.T
df

1666325953056.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

1666325879083.png (106.4 KiB)
1666325953056.png (80.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Raksina,

Thanks so much for your comment.

Yes, that is the results that I'm looking for. However, may I please ask if you know whether the EPS value 5.6 for 2018 is the actual EPS value for 2018? Because if the financial period chosen is "FY=0", according to Eikon explanation, it is for "last financial period". So is it correct if I understand that the value 5.6 is for EPS actual 2017 instead?

This is where I'm abit confused. Thank you.

@business1

To understand the content returned by Eikon, please contact the content support team directly via MyRefinitiv. The support team will contact you and provide answers to your questions.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.