Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 4 10

Eikon api, get_data field name. GEN_VAL2, TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE

I tried out get_data(CMZ0, GEN_VAL2)

but fieldname GEN_VAL2 is not exist on itembrowser

but exist on quote

1666227728703.png

and what I want to ask is

there are TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE on itembrowser.
1666227758951.png

I want to ask that does

get_data(CMZ0, GEN_VAL2)

get_data(CMZ0, TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE)

return same value?

eikon-data-apifields
1666227728703.png (53.8 KiB)
1666227758951.png (85.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jwlee08

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
73 2 1 7

Hello,

FID 997 (GEN_VAL2) is an illogical FID. Please note that not all illogical FIDs have a corresponding data item. This however, still returns the same value using the TR.OfficialAskPrice since it's the FID being used for official ask as can be seen on fixspec (below link).

https://refinitiv.fixspec.com/stack/specs/elektron/emea/united-kingdom-london-metal-exchange-lme/5-0-4/1236-london-metal-exchange-lme-futures-composite-refinitiv-real-timefutures

tempsnip-fid997.png

capture-codebook.jpg

tempsnip-fid997.png (103.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 3 4 10

Thanks for your kind reply paulcerillo

Could you tell me how to find the information that I want from the url that you linked with?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi the URL above is where we input the corresponding value of the FID#5357 for the instrument of our query. In this case, 1236 is the value FID#5357 CONTEXT ID for RIC <CMZN0>.

We then search for the FID 997 in FixSpec.

Hi, the fixspec (link above) allows you to view the FID details specific to the RIC's exchange or source.

For example, if you open in Q app <CMZN0 Q> and display all fields. You will see that the corresponding Context_ID (FID#5357) for CMZN0 is "1236". You can input this number on the search bar on the fixspec and search "GEN_VAL2" or "FID997".

You look for the Context_ID (FID#5357) of the RIC you are interested in and input it on the FixSpec data model dictionary.

Upvotes
9 3 4 10

Oh, and one more thing
You told me not to use inappropriate fields as parameters
There are quite a lot of gen_valX that I have received now
How can I find the field value that exactly maps to gen_val?

icon clock
10 |1500

I did not advise not to use illogical fids. It's just to let you know that the fid you were using is illogical field. These type of fids are not "common" across other RICs. Some RICs may have a different value for FID#997.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.