question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 6 8

Excel Add-in

Hello,

I am using Mac and want to have the Excel add-in displayed as shown below: (2.png)

2.png

However, I only have the following:

1.png

How to get access to the first one(2. png)? On windows I know that in the start menu, I can try searching for 'Eikon' then looking for 'Refinitiv Eikon - Microsoft Excel'. However, I don't know how to do that on Mac.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonrefinitiv-data-platformexcelmac-os
2.png (91.5 KiB)
1.png (21.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@georgecambridge001

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As I know, there is no Eikon Desktop for macOS, as shown on this page.

1666149250875.png

I think this is why it doesn't have Eikon Excel Add-ins on macOS. It required Eikon Desktop to run Eikon Excel Add-ins.

1666315632809.png

However, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm this.

1666315632809.png (33.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello, @Jirapongse

I am sorry to disturb you but so far I was unable to install pertinent excel-add in on Mac. I have read the information you provided to me, in addition to reported details on the Refinitiv website.

However, I still do not understand how to install the add as presented in 2.jpg file above.

I do not have relevant background, and I cannot understand the following paragraph:

At the present time, Eikon cannot be installed natively on Mac® operating systems so users would need virtualization software to run in Windows to get the full desktop experience. Virtualization software support is offered on a ‘best-effort’ basis. However, users can access a zero-footprint version in their web browser (Chrome/Safari).

What is the virtualization software and how to use it on Mac?

What is a zero-footprint version and how to use it on Mac?

Thank you and have a nice day.

@georgecambridge001

It means that you need to install Windows on Mac, and then install Eikon on Windows. It could be virtualization software, such as VMWare to VirtualBox.

A zero-footprint version is running Eikon or Refintiiv Workspace via Web browsers.

I would like to suggest that you should contact the Eikon or Refintiiv Workspace support team via MyRefinitiv or contact your Refinitiv Account team or Sales team to find suitable solutions for your requirements.

Upvotes
2 5 6 8

@Jirapongse

how can I use Mac's excel add-in to recover ESG scores of the acquirers in M&A transaction?

Thank you I advance.

icon clock
10 |1500

@georgecambridge001

This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs.

For questions regarding the Excel add-in, please contact the Eikon or Workspace support team directly via MyRefintiv.

The support team will contact you and provide an answer to your question.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.