Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 4 10

how to find field that returns the same value with illogical ones

Hello
There's one more thing I'd like to ask.
First of all, the field values we received in the early days are as follows.

GEN_VAL2

GEN_VAL4

GEN_VAL6

CLOSE1

OPINT_1

ACVOL_1

HST_CLOSE

PRIMACT_1

TRDPRC_1

ASK

PRV_LAST

OFF_CLOSE

SEC_ACT_1

And you told me in the previous question that it would be better not to use these because they are illogical.
Then what I'm curious about is how to find a proper field value that matches this illogical field value.
Of course, you said before that not all illogical fields match, but I still wonder how many of these fields match properly.
If the illogical fields depend on the instrument value, I will also convey it additionally.
Thank you.

eikon-data-apifieldsillogical-fid
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jwlee08

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @jwlee08,

The logic behind defining a value of zero vs NA is that NA represents there has been no value defined for the field. For example, in a normal trading day, numerical values can range, depending on the field. A value of 0 has meaning, such as a net change of zero. During the closing run for a specific exchange, they typically set specific values to NA, meaning those values are reset as having no activity. Hope this makes sense.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @jwlee08 ,

Thank you for participating in this forum. However, The members of the developer's community and the moderators of the forum may have some understanding of the content involved. We aim to answer the question if our answer can be of help.

However, an in-depth understanding of specific content requires the knowledge of an expert in that content area. As our customer, you can tap this expertise by opening a case via Content Helpdesk Online or calling your local Refinitiv support number. The option to pick is ' i need help identifying content".

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

hI @jwlee08

I would also recommend you spend some time familiarizing yourself with the Data Discovery Tool. You can find the link from the home page of the Developer Community. The tool is quite detailed and comprehensive covering the FIDs and details around the illogical use. You may have questions around the use of this tool and how to get the most out of it. If the tool is something that you would like to investigate more, I would recommend when you do reach out to the helpdesk, they should be able help with its use.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello, @nick.zincone
I accepted the advice you gave me, so I'm proceeding a little now.
By the way, can you explain the case where the context id value is 0 or <NA> as shown in the picture below?

1666596665984.png

1666596665984.png (29.2 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.