For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 7 5 11

Maximum response size Select API RawExtractionResults

Hi,

My POST request below for endpoint https://selectapi.datascope.extranet.refinitiv.biz/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw works fine:

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest",
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        { "Identifier": "EUR=", "IdentifierType": "Ric" }
      ],
      "ValidationOptions":{
      "AllowHistoricalInstruments": true}
    },
    "Condition": {
      "MessageTimeStampIn": "GmtUtc",
      "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
      "QueryStartDate": "2022-10-31T00:00:00.000001",
      "QueryEndDate": "2022-10-31T23:59:59.999999",
      "ExtractBy": "Ric",
      "SortBy": "SingleByRic",
      "DomainCode": "MarketPrice",
      "DisplaySourceRIC": true
    }
  }
}

But when sending a GET request to collect above request data to https://selectapi.datascope.extranet.refinitiv.biz/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults('***')/$value

I receive "Error: Maximum response size reached".

Is that a limit on your side? Is it stated in any documentation? Is there an alternate end-point I could use to fetch intraday ticks? Please advise.

Kind regards,

Johan

dss-rest-apidatascope-selecttick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @johan.lundquist ,

Are you observing this error via Postman by chance? Or another tool where you have max response size defined? if that is the case, please see this external discussion thread for possible causes.

If you are working with Postman, you may wish to increase the max response size in Postman Settings, may find additional relevant suggestions in article Downloading a Large Tick History Extraction Result with Postman

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 7 5 11

Thank you @zoya faberov you are right it's from Postman and then issue explained by local settings on my side.

Kind regards,

Johan

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.