Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

ESG Scores for ALL companies from 2015 to 2021 in excel

I am trying to download a dataset with ESG Scores for ALL companies from 2015 to 2021 to excel. How can I do that? I am using the Refinitiv add-in in Excel, and also tried using the screener.

#product#contentrefinitiv-data-platformexcelesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @s185318 - thanks for your question. This is a forum for programmatic usage of content via APIs. However, if you are using the add in for Excel - you should use the screener app to build your universe save the screener query and then refer to it in the formula builder app. One thing to be aware of is that there is a limit to the number of companies (5000) the screener can return - so you would probably need some geographical division eg region and then maybe marketcap or sector filters to reduce the numbers to below 5000 for each screen:

1675779656999.png

1675779709066.png

Might I suggest you then save these regional/sector universes and then use the CodeCreator app in Eikon which is very similar to the excel formula builder in that you build the query visually in a UI and then the app creates the python code for you and you can simply run it in the CodeBook app. Here you would just use your saved region/sector screens and get the data you need programatically and then save them down as excel files for example.

We have written an article on how to retrieve ESG Data programatically in Python here, and you can find out more info on using the screener app in an article here. You can also find out how to use CodeBook / Code Creator apps with a video here. I hope this can help.

1675779656999.png (307.9 KiB)
1675779709066.png (229.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.