question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Entity Search: RDP API returning multiple results for a given ISIN

Hi Team,

Would you be able explain why I am getting multiple entities for a given ISIN?

For example: If i search for ISIN: 'LU1893897444' using SearchLightAPI, it is returning two records as shown in the following screen shot.

1677665854268.png

Thanks,

Milan

rdp-api#content
1677665854268.png (38.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @milan.gurung

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

Hi @milan.gurung ,

Thank you for your question. I have searched for that ISIN in Workspace as well and see two assets there as well.

screenshot-2023-03-01-at-143011.png

From what I see, one is a Lipper RIC and the second one is a Refinitiv RIC. For further details, I am afraid I can't assist you as we are not knowledgeable on the every bit of our content. For content related queries I would advise reaching out to Helpdesk vie MyRefinitiv. When approaching the Helpdesk, please include a screenshot from the Workspace rather than the one from the API Playground to avoid redirecting to us.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi Haykaz,

Thanks for your pointer. I will consult with HelpDesk.

ISIN "LU1893897444" is an example of Unit trust. Perhaps, It is listing constituents of the Unit Trust.

Out of interest what is Lipper RIC and Refinitiv RIC? I though RIC is Refinitic Indentifier Code to uniquely identify a security.

Thanks,

Milan

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Milan,

You are right regarding the RIC and you may read more about the Refinitiv Lipper here. For the details, I am afraid the HelpDesk is better suited for this type of a question. Sorry If I couldn't provide a complete answer, but this forum and experts here are dedicated for API related programming type of queries.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

@milan.gurung , Just some basic information about “Lipper RIC”. It is based on Lipper ID which uniquely identifies all assets such as funds (share-class level) and indices in Lipper database. The Lipper ID is currently an 8-digit number. By prefixing the Lipper ID with “LP”, you get the “Lipper RIC”. It is used in the Refinitiv platforms for the funds. As some funds may also trading in different exchanges, so you will also see the same fund got other RICs. Generally, if you want to view the instruments as a fund (data provided by fund companies and Lipper), you can use the Lipper RIC, and if you want to view it as a stock (e.g. ETFs) such as trading data from exchange, you should use the RIC with the exchange id at the end.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.