question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

OS Requirement and Stability of the Python API

I am new the Redi API and I apologize for my questions if they are too naive.

Q1: must I use Windows OS in order to use the Redi python API?

Q2: Is the Redi python API stable enough to handle 10K+ trades per day without crashing?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and I really appreciate it!

#productpython apiwindows-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tylergupku

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@tylergupku

I have contacted the product team to approve your request.

I did a quick test by calling the Order.Submit in a loop in a single thread.

1678787318433.png

1678787427828.png

I can send around 50 orders per minute.

To use REDI API, you need to login to the REDIPlus app and REDI API uses the login user to send orders.

The following code is used to send an order.

private void SendSimpleOrder()
        {
            ORDER objOrder = new ORDER();

objOrder.Symbol = "IBM";
            objOrder.Exchange = "DEMO DMA";
            objOrder.PriceType = "Limit";
            objOrder.Side = "Buy";      

objOrder.Quantity = 100;          
            objOrder.Price = 129;
            objOrder.TIF = "Day";

objOrder.Account = "EQUITY-TR";
            objOrder.Ticket = "Bypass";
            object ord_err = null;
            bool status;
            status = objOrder.Submit(ref ord_err);
       }

1678787318433.png (37.5 KiB)
1678787427828.png (52.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@tylergupku

Thanks for reaching out to us.

To use REDI API, the REDI plus must be running on the same machine and it is a local, COM-based API. According to this information, you need to use it on Windows machines.

I am not sure about the performance of Python when using the COM-based API. As I know, the feature of Python COM with REDI API is quite limited. Therefore, it is better to use REDI API with the programming languages that natively support COM-based API, such as C#.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

By saying Redi Plus, do you mean Redi EMS as below?

https://www.refinitiv.com/en/products/redi-execution-management/

Is the Redi Plus/API usually stable enough to run for 16 hours without crashing?

Can I use either C++ or C# as programming languages that natively support COM-based API in order to access more features?

BTW, my request to view the Redi API documentation is still pending. Can you please approve it?

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/transactions/redi-api/documentation

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@tylergupku

I am using this one:

1678672006280.png

Yes, REDI API is stable. If it crashes, it could be a bug in the API that must be fixed.

You can use REDI API with any programming languages that support COM. However, as I know, we have examples in C#, not C++.

I will contact the product team to verify your request.

1678672006280.png (18.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you. My request to view the documentation is still pending.

How many orders can be placed per second via the Redi API?

How many users are actively trading with the Redi API? More than 50 active users?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.