question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 0 0 3

ZAc - major currency

I am sending the following request

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.CompositeExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [

"Currency Code"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{
                    "Identifier": "NL0011375019",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                }
            ]
        },
        "Condition": null
    }
}

I need to get the currency spot rates against EUR for the last 3 years. Usually we convert the small letters in the currency code to upper case and then construct an RIC code by adding "EUR=R". For example : if we need spot prices for GBp , we do GBPEUR=R.

However I see that, there is no data for the RIC code ZACEUR=R. The only available data for the currency pair is ZAREUR=R. (South African Rand). So how can we find the original currency for the RIC pair from the currency code of the ISIN , in this case ZAc ?

dss-rest-api#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ramsundar.govindarajan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@ramsundar.govindarajan

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I used the RIC Search tool on the Refinitiv Developer Portal and was unable find a FX Spot RIC for ZAc (South Africa Cent). You need to contact the Content support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify if the FX Spot RIC for ZAc is available.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.