For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 4 6 7

Datascope GovCorpSearch API Active Instruments Less results than Datascope UI

I'm trying to mimick a search I am doing through datascope ui using datascope select api.

It is a bond search for corporate, active, aussie dollar.

I get 2000 records - however when I use Gov/Corp Search through the api - I get like 250 records.

One strange thing I find is that the AssetStatuses have no status for active on the api but do for the UI - somebody else raised this in another question - however it was mentioned that it was the old thompson reuters api rather than refinitiv. I'm calling the Refinitiv api and there seems to be no Active Status.

Also ideally I want callable and non-callable - should I pass null for that rather than true/false.

Why am I getting 250 through the api and over 2000 using the ui.

Payload and screenshot below.

Thanks,

Adam

1679615493975.png

Request

{

"SearchRequest": {

"AssetStatuses": [],

"CountryCode": null,

"Coupon": null,

"CurrencyCodes": [

"AUD"

],

"Group": {

"Agency": false,

"Government": false,

"Corporate": true,

"Supra": false

},

"MoodyRatingsCodes": [],

"StandardPoorsRatingsCodes": [],

"Callable": false,

"Convertable": false,

"Extendable": false,

"Putable": false,

"Sinkable": false,

"IssueDate": null,

"MaturityDate": null,

"NextPayDate": null,

"Ticker": null,

"IdentifierType": "Ric",

"PreferredIdentifierType": "Isin"

}}

Response Sample - first 2 of 250:

{

"@odata.context": https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(DataScope.Select.Api.Content.ValidatedInstrument),

"value": [

{

"Identifier": "AU00000AZZG9",

"IdentifierType": "Isin",

"Source": "CPT",

"Key": "VjF8MHgwMDAzODYwMDgwYTJjNjYxfDB4MDAwNDA1MDAxY2UzMGJmNXxDUFR8R0NCRHx8fEd8QXxBVUFaWjEwMTM9fA",

"Description": "BNL 10.000 10/30/23 CVT DFTd",

"InstrumentType": "GovCorpBond",

"Status": "Valid"

},

{

"Identifier": "AU00000AZZG9",

"IdentifierType": "Isin",

"Source": "EJV",

"Key": "VjF8MHgwMDAzODYwMDgwYTJjNjYxfDB4MDAxMDJjMGRmZGVlMTMzMXxFSlZ8R0NCRHx8fEd8QXx8R09SUA",

"Description": "BNL 10.000 10/30/23 CVT DFTd",

"InstrumentType": "GovCorpBond",

"Status": "Valid"

},

],

"@odata.nextlink": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Search/GovCorpSearch?$skiptoken='MjUw'"

}

datascope-select#product
1679615493975.png (68.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@Archi

I think the ACTIVE is a default value in the DSS REST API.

For example, if I set the AssetStatuses to [] and Ticker to DBSM, the API returns 567 records which is the same number on the DSS Web GUI when using "ACTIVE". These 567 entries don't have non-active items.

if I set the AssetStatuses to ["NAC"] and Ticker to DBSM, the API returns 3 records which is the same number on the DSS Web GUI when using "Not Active".

If I set the Status to "ACTIVE" and "Not Active" and Ticker to DBSM on DSS Web GUI, it returns 567 records. These 567 entries don't have non-active items. I think the "ACTIVE" overrides the "Not Active" on DSS Web GUI.

The type of the "Callable" property is boolean. You should set it to true or false.

1679630694531.png

1679630694531.png (16.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39 4 6 7

I can answer my own question here. It limits the results to pages and there's a link at the bottom to get the next page.

Any comments on the active status though is it just ISS or is it ISS Plus other statuses?

Thanks,

Adam

1679619761156.png

1679619761156.png (147.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.