question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 0 2

Unable to download data using DSWS API in Python

Hi, I am no anymore able to download data via DSWS API in Python. A few days ago everything worked properly, but suddenly is not working anymore. Please see below my request and the error that I got. I have already checked my credentials here and everything seems okay.

import DatastreamDSWS as DSWS

# set datastream username and password
ds = DSWS.Datastream(username = 'XXXXXXX', password = 'XXXXXX', proxy="PROXYXXX")

# get data from Datastream
dat = ds.get_data(tickers='S&PCOMP', fields=['RI'],start='2018-01-01', end='', freq='D', kind=1)
dat

get_data : Exception Occured
(<class 'TypeError'>, TypeError("argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable"), <traceback object at 0x000002B39B676C88>)
None

I am wondering if it may be that I reached the limit of download. Is it possible to check it?

Many thanks

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @lucadamico, Since you are still having the same issue with DatastreamPy, it is indeed possible that you reached your data limit. Info on the data limit on 'DSWS user stats and limits', specifically how to check if you reached the limit under 'Usage review for Desktop service'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jonathan.legrand, I have checked and my access is temporarily suspended because I have reached the limit for this month.

Many thanks for your prompt support.

Have a great weekend.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @lucadamico, The Datastream library for python was updated to DatastreamPy. Would you mind trying your script with it and letting us know if you are still having issues?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jonathan.legrand, many thanks for you swift reply.

I have just tried with DatastreamPy and I am still having the same error.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.