Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 2 1

How can I get intraday data from today? Since today start of day until the time the script is run?

I would like to get intraday data until the time of the day I'm running the script.

The only way I've found so far to get intraday if by using get_timeseries function. However, that only allows me to get the intraday data from previous dates before today. In below example i get data per minute for the 29th, but not for the 30th which is today and the day for which I need the data.

The requirement would be to get data from market open (7AM) until the minute of the day in which the request is triggered (let's say 11:43AM). Is this possible? Thank you

df = ek.get_timeseries('EURAB6E1Y=', ['CLOSE'], interval="minute", start_date='2023-03-29',end_date='2023-03-30')
pythonpython apiswaps
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
5.5k 21 2 6

Hi @f.janeiro

Have you tried with timestamps? E.g. in CodeBook:

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')
df = ek.get_timeseries('EURAB6E1Y=', ['CLOSE'], interval="minute", start_date='2023-03-29T09:00:00',end_date='2023-03-30T13:00:00')

`end_date` here could be `datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')`

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
40 2 2 1

@jonathan.legrand

Many thanks. That works very well.

Is it possible to give the time stamps as an attribute so that a longer time series request (example for the last week) excludes data from 19h PM to 7h AM?

Thank you again.

Best

Filipe

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @f.janeiro, There is no way to do that in one call, you'd have to do two separate calls or remove the data that is not of interest in the dataframe.

Understood. Thank you.
Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @f.janeiro

Just following on @jonathan.legrand answer above, if your requirement is to get the intraday data at the moment the call is made, I believe you don't need to specify the end_date. Something like this should be good:

ek.get_timeseries('EURAB6E1Y=', ['CLOSE'], 
                  interval="minute", 
                  start_date='2023-03-29T09:00:00')
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.