Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

eikon desktop and port 9000 for api access?

I have a fresh install of Eikon desktop on windows, which is running, have eikon module installed in python, and am trying to use the api from python (also fresh downloaded latest version 1.1.10). It fails with

Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "....py", line 27, in <module>

ek.set_app_key('.....')

File "...\AppData\Local\mambaforge\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 33, in set_app_key

get_profile().set_app_key(app_key)

File "...\AppData\Local\mambaforge\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 231, in set_app_key

self.check_profile()

File "...\AppData\Local\mambaforge\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 354, in check_profile

raise EikonError(-1, 'Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.')

eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

From what I can see in netstat, there's nothing listening on port 9000 or anywhere near that (closest is listening on 9182).

Is there any setting perhaps I need to configure to enable api access?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

Just in case someone in the future who's facing the same problem would want an answer (thanks support for nothing), the version that they have on conda is broken. You need to install the one from pip, then it works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @kferizi ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum and we're sorry for the inconvenience you've faced.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

The only processes I see in the list are Eikon, EkonBox, and EikonBoxNet, perhaps I need to start something else to work as a data proxy?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.