question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 2 2 5

Where can I find the EURO/US DOLLAR FX ORDER FLOW?

In the context of currency markets, "order flow" refers to the volume of buy and sell orders that are executed for a particular currency pair. It refers to the actual transactions that take place in the market. Can I find this on Refinitiv? I suspect that it is in "EURO/US DOLLAR FX SPOT RATE" -> Chart -> Add Analysis. But I cannot find "order flow". Maybe there is a different naming?

eikonworkspace#product#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @as4426 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @as4426 ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@as4426 So FX is traded OTC as opposed to on exchange - from what I understand as there is no size reported - we use volume in the case of FX pairs to be number of transactions - ie from the chart I shared there were 2K transactions in the last hour. ie the last bar on the volume chart. Im not an FX content expert so I have opened case number: 12457635 on your behalf and they should reach out to you shortly with a definitive answer. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@as4426 Have you tried volume - that seems to there and it is populated. I think in FX volume is actually a count of the number of transactions.

1680625943709.png

I hope this can help.

1680625943709.png (147.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 2 2 5

Volume is different from order flow, although they are related. Volume is to do with the amount of money, whereas order flow is to do with the number of transactions, regardless of the "volume" of each transaction.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 2 2 5

@jason.ramchandani01 where can I find the documentation explaining each of the "Add Analysis" in EURO/US DOLLAR FX SPOT RATE (Volume, Average True Range, Bollinger Bands ...) ??

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @as4426 ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum. However, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this.

In case you're a student, please contact your administrator or professor to contact Refinitiv Customer Support.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.