Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Missing information regarding dividend payment

I am trying to retrieve information regarding the dividend pay date, dividend ex date, unadjusted gross dividends of a stock.

As recent as last month, I was able to retrieve the information using the following code:

import eikon
eikon.set_app_key('key')
port_ISIN_list = ['JP3598000002']
#Get CA data from Thomson Reuters Eikon
#3 - Special Interim, 4 - Special Final, 60 - Interim, 61 - Final, 65 - Forecast Interim, 66 - Forecast Final, 70 - Special, 75 - Forecast Special
start_n_end_date_filter='(DivType=65:66:61:60:70:75:4:3)'

ca_field_list=['TR.DivType','TR.DivPayDate','TR.DivExDate','TR.DivAnnouncementDate','TR.DivUnadjustedGross']
ca_df, err = eikon.get_data(port_ISIN_list, ca_field_list)
print(ca_df)

Based on the program, I was able to retrieve information regarding the following dividend payment

Tohbu Network has a dividend with ex-date 30-Mar-2023, pay-date 01-Jun-2023, amount 7.5 yen

When I ran the program this month, I was not able to find this corporate action.

Can anybody help?

eikon#technologypython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.7k 13 2 7

Hi @yaoyang.teo ,

I have tried your code and it seems to work for me. Please see below:

screenshot-2023-05-08-at-112700.png

Is the output above the one you would expect or I am missing something here?

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.