Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 3

Ordering output from TR function in Excel

I am using Eikon for Excel.

I have a list of identifiers in column A and for each of them I need the ESG score.

=TR(A2,"ABS(TR.TRESGScore)","period=FY0 Sdate=01-Jan-2010 Edate=31-DEC-2022 Frq=Y CH=In RH=FPA TRANSPOSE=Y",C1)

The above function works well. However, the output is poorly aligned, with different years in the same column, see pic below.

Is there a way to align the output so that all FY2018 are nicely stacked in the same column?

screenshot-2023-05-10-153500.png

eikon#product#contentexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @blucap ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @blucap ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum. However, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products such as Eikon Excel. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv then the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

@blucap

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can try the following formula.

=TR("AEC000101019,AEC000201017,AED000201015","ABS(TR.TRESGScore)","period=FY0 Sdate=01-Jan-2010 Edate=31-DEC-2022 CH=In RH=Fpa TRANSPOSE=Y SORT=A",C1)

The output looks like this:

1683697533472.png

If this doesn't work, you can contact the Eikon Excel support team directly via MyRefinitiv. The support team can help you find the parameters that can be used to format the output.

I hope that this information is of help.

1683697533472.png (32.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.