question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Which API could provide event data?

I'd like to know which API could provide event data, for example, given an instrument symbol and/or time period, etc, it will list out all the events(Corporate action event, dividend event, stock split event, etc) related to this instrument.

#product#contentevents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @qa2 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @qa2

Eikon is a desktop product; therefore, any Eikon API scripts can only run on a desktop.

If you don't have access to an Eikon or are looking for a non-desktop solution - then the Datascope Select API should also be able to provide the information you are looking for. DataScope Select - REST API | Devportal (refinitiv.com)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@umer.nalla It's still difficult for me to explore the event API from the DataScope Select REST API, I don't think the API documentation is clear or friendly to developer/user, could you please just simply share the REST api spec of the event api?
Hi @qa2

I don't have access to any documentation other than what is available at the above link.

Did you check the Tutorials tab and the various examples under the Downloads section? These may provide a more accessible learning path.

If you have specific questions about using the DSS REST API - you can post them as new questions on this forum.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @qa2 ,

The Eikon Data API can be used to retrieve event data, for example,

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('YOUR_EIKON_APP_KEY_HERE')
df, err = ek.get_data(['MSFT.O'], ["TR.EventType", "TR.EventStartDate", "TR.EventEndDate",
                                    "TR.EventStartTime", "TR.EventEndTime"]
                      , {'Scale':6,'SDate':'2022-09-01', 'EDate':'2022-12-31'})
df

1683790376794.png

You can refer to its Eikon Data API - Quick start guide.

Plus, to confirm that the data you're looking for is available, as the moderators on this forum are expertise on Refinitiv APIs usage. However, they do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv to try to retrieve the information you are looking for on Eikon Excel with =TR function. Then you can replicate that on the Eikon Data API(Python) using the same identifiers and fields

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

1683790376794.png (45.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@raksina.samasiri Thanks for your answer, unfortunately, this is not the answer I want. Actually what I need is quite simply, just share the rest API spec of the event.

I'm attempting to do the same using the Refinitiv Data API but getting back an empty dataframe.

Any ideas why?

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I have the same question. Refinitiv Data Platform documentation is honestly lacking.

I just need the endpoint to request from, what kind of request to make and the JSON schema for the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.