I need to find the ISIN codes for credit default swaps in Datastream such as:

GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP SNR CR14 5Y $

Can you help me?

Best,

Jeroen

python#contentdatastream-apiisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Case 12643962.

@jeroen.kouwenberg

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>
https://jira.refinitiv.com/browse/DSDEV-4010 is still unresolved, extend the triage.

<AHS>

https://jira.refinitiv.com/browse/DSDEV-4010 is still unresolved, extend the triage for a month

Show more comments
Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@jeroen.kouwenberg

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can use the Datastream Navigator to search for items and data types.

However, if you are unable to find the required data, please contact the Datastream support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That is indeed true; the ISIN code is not part of the datatypes for Credit Default Swaps. So what I want to do is as follows:

In the datastream explorer, you can click on the related equities:

1686638607948.png

By clicking on the related securities, I can find the corresponding equity which has the datatype ISIN:

1686638678073.png

As I need to do this for many Credit Default Swaps, is there a way to get this list of related equities for each Credit Default Swap automatically via the datastream api in python?

I know for example that you can get the search results for "GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP SNR CR14 5Y $" via the following function:

ds.get_data(tickers="GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP SNR CR14 5Y $", fields =["DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Count=50)"], kind=0)

1686638607948.png (67.4 KiB)
1686638678073.png (190.7 KiB)
Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@jeroen.kouwenberg

Thank you for the information.

I am unable to find a way to retrieve Related Securities via the API.

I found that you have submitted a case to the support team. We need to wait for the response from the support team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.