Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

How to get TR values for all municipal bonds?

Hello,

I am trying to get TR values (ex. TR.MuniRating) for all municipal bonds (4.5m). I tried the following code but it takes 15min for 100 bonds.

df, err = ek.get_data(cusip, ["TR.FINextCallDate", "TR.FIPurposeDescription", "TR.FIWorstRedemEvent",

"TR.MUNIRating", "TR.UltimateParentId", "TR.UltimateParent",

"TR.CompanyCntPostalCodeAddr"])

I wonder if there is a faster way to get these values for a large number of bonds. Thank you!

Best,

Jessie

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jg6180 ,

Thank you for your patience, could you please provide the example of the CUSIP list that returns the error for further investigation?

@raksina.samasiri I have over 4.5m CUSIPs. It seldom returns errors but it is very slow. How to solve this?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.9k 21 2 6
Hi @jg6180 , have you tried using the RD Lib's parallel calls ? FYI, you can change that historical call quite a bit to fit your needs as shown here
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jonathan.legrand Hello, thank you for your reply. I checked the content you provide, but not sure what exact syntax/packages I should use for these TR values (

"TR.FINextCallDate", "TR.FIPurposeDescription", "TR.FIWorstRedemEvent",

"TR.MUNIRating", "TR.UltimateParentId", "TR.UltimateParent",

"TR.CompanyCntPostalCodeAddr"). Would you mind giving some further instructions?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.