Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 6 8 11

How to get data for all exchange-traded stocks historically but now delisted?

I am trying to create a backtest using all the stocks that have been publicly traded at some point in time historically (i.e. excluding OTC traded stocks) but currently are delisted or OTC traded.

But using RDP search I am not getting stocks like Lehman Brothers and BankUnited Financial in my list as the exchange presently is OTC.

Is there a way I can get a list of all these stocks?

eikon-data-api#technology#contentrdp search
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @BlackBird

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @BlackBird

To get Lehman Brothers stocks that are traded on OTC market you can try with the search endpoint
https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/ and using the name with a wildcard like this:

{
  "View": "EquityQuotes",
  "Filter": "IssuerCommonName eq 'Lehman Bro*' and ExchangeName eq '*OTC*'",
  "Select": "RIC,ExchangeName,IssuerCommonName"
}

to get the delisted stocks you can try a similar approach:

{
  "View": "EquityQuotes",
  "Filter": "IssuerCommonName eq 'Lehman Bro*'  and ListingStatus eq 'DEL'",
  "Select": "RIC,ExchangeName,IssuerCommonName"
}

alternatively you can use rd library:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.EQUITY_QUOTES,
    top = 100,
    filter = "IssuerCommonName eq 'Lehman Bro*' and ExchangeName eq '*OTC*'",
    select = "RIC,ExchangeName,IssuerCommonName"
)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.4k 253 52 74

@BlackBird

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please try this one:

{
  "View": "EquityQuotes",
  "Filter": "DTSource eq 'OTC Markets Group Inc - Limited Information' and ListingStatus eq 'DEL'",
  "Select": "BusinessEntity,DocumentTitle,RIC,ListingStatus,ExchangeCode,DTSource",
  "Top": 10000
}

1686817222808.png

I hope that this information is of help.

1686817222808.png (47.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Getting only about 120 US stocks from this list. A considerable number of historically public stocks are still missing.

Eg. Tickets.com, CoSine Communications, Silicon Graphics etc.

Upvotes
1.6k 3 2 3

@BlackBird , in case you have access to the RDP Funds API and willing to use it, you can use the screen query below to get the list of funds (share-class level) that are in the ETFs universe, but the fund status is not Active (i.e. merged or liquidated).

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/funds/v1/assets?screen={criteriaItems:[{"selectedItem":"n12328","compareValue":"381","operation":"NotEqual"},{"selectedItem":"n10016","compareValue":"28027","operation":"Equal","logicalOperator":"AND"}]}

This gave me the response indicating the 5,431 funds that matches the screening criteria. That figures matches the result using Lipper for Investment desktop service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.