question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 1

Failover between Encrypted and non-Encrypted ADS using RFA

Is there a way to configure RFA so that it can failover between two ADS's, One with Encryption Enabled and One with Encryption Disabled?

#technologyrfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ron.bove01 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@ron.bove01

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I checked the RFA configurations. RFA supports failover via the serverList configuration in the connection.

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\connectionType                    = "RSSL"
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\rsslPort                         = "14002"
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\serverList                        = "192.168.27.40, 127.0.0.1"

All servers in the serverList configuration use the same connection settings. Therefore, RFA can't be configured to failover between Encrypted and non-Encrypted ADS.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for that information. That's what we suspected.

As an alternative, would it be possible to setup "Warm Standby" between an Encrypted and Un-Encrypted connection?

@ron.bove01

I don't think so.

1688019348334.png

In RFA, the WarmStandbyGroup is specifed in the serverList parameter which is under a connection.

1688019348334.png (120.0 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.