Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 2 4 8

Report dates for the balance sheet are wrong

Hello,

Can someone help with this question coming from one prospect ?

Thanks

Hi,

As mentioned in our conversation, so far I’ve been unable to get a balance sheet item (i.e Total Assets) with its associated actual report date. For some strange reason the data does come through but is not aligned properly. In the example below I get TSLA.O total assets (TR.F.TotAssets) and its report date (TR.TotalAssetsActualReportDate). However, the latest report date is associated to the total assets value of 5 quarters ago. Also in some cases the report date seems limited to the last 10 years? In the below example I’ve color coded the value with the correct actual report date. Sharing the python request code and link to TESLA’s investor relation website to check the source of truth of information.

Could you please advise?

Best,

Pedro

1690982996924.png

Here is the request the client runs

df = rd.get_data(universe='TSLA.O', fields=["TR.F.TotAssets", "TR.F.TotAssets.date", "TR.F.TotAssets.calcdate", "TR.F.TotAssets.periodenddate","TR.TotalAssetsActualReportDate], parameters={"SDate":"1999-01-01", "EDate":"2023-07-31", "Period":"FQ0", "Frq":"FQ"})

and here is the expected data result

1690983158824.png

Thanks

api#contentpython apireports
1690982996924.png (197.3 KiB)
1690983158824.png (418.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @yaokoffi.kouassi ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.3k 253 52 74

@yaokoffi.kouassi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You may need to select fields that are in the same category. For example, the TR.TotalAssetsActualReportDate field is in the "Refinitiv I/B/E/S Estimates"/"Actuals" category. Therefore, you can use the TR.TotalAssetsActual field instead.

1691043624807.png

The code looks like this:

df = rd.get_data(universe='TSLA.O', 
                 fields=[
                     "TR.TotalAssetsActual", 
                     "TR.TotalAssetsActual.date", 
                     "TR.TotalAssetsActual.calcdate", 
                     "TR.TotalAssetsActual.periodenddate",
                     "TR.TotalAssetsActualReportDate"], 
                 parameters={
                     "SDate":"1999-01-01", 
                     "EDate":"2023-07-31", 
                     "Period":"FQ0", 
                     "Frq":"FQ"})
df

The output is:

1691043732849.png

Otherwise, you can contact the HelpDesk support team directly via MyRefinitiv to check which fields that can provide the required data.

1691043624807.png (52.9 KiB)
1691043732849.png (28.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.