Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Error on Handshake with Eikon API: Status Code 400 - App Key is Incorrect

I'm encountering an issue while trying to set up the Eikon API on my local machine using the web version of Eikon Codebook. I'm using the following code:

```python

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('My App Key')

1691690465238.png
1691692213985.png

1691690374927.png

However, I'm receiving the following error:

ERROR:pyeikon:Error on handshake url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake : EikonError(1, 'Status code 400: App key is incorrect')

ERROR:pyeikon:Error on handshake url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake : EikonError(1, 'Status code 400: App key is incorrect')

ERROR:pyeikon:Port number was not identified, cannot send any request

I resorted to using the web version of Eikon Codebook because I encountered the same issue on my local machine while programming. I used the web version to rule out any problems specific to my computer.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, or does anyone know how to resolve it

Thanks

eikon-data-api#productpython apiapp-key
1691692213985.png (68.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @lou45

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

I just created a new App Key, and now everything is working normally. I don't know why the old App Key became invalid. Does anyone know how to delete the old App Key?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @lou45 ,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences that you have faced.

The app key can be disabled/enabled in the Status column. However, I cannot find how to delete the old app key as well so I just disabled it instead.

1691721915572.png

1691721915572.png (12.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you for the answer. I'm currently using the same method, but I'm concerned that it might lead to a bunch of App Keys that are hard to manage. Additionally, do you have any thoughts on App Key expiration?

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10
Hi @lou45 ,

afaik, there're no expiration of Eikon application key, you may check this in more detail with the product team by raising the ticket via MyRefinitiv

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.