question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

RFA Requests returning status "*All is well". What is the meaning of the appended asterisk?

Hello, I am using RFA 8.2.2.L1, c++ Linux. When making requests for market price the status will be returned as "*All is well". What is the meaning of the * character appended to the beginning. Before updating from RFA 8.1.0.L1 the status would be just "All is well".

treprfa#productADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @alex.smithers

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@alex.smithers

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I may relate te the configuration in the infrastructure compoment (ADS), as shown below.

!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
!
! *ads*"${route}".route*"${svc}"*statusTextIntroducer :
!#help
!    statusTextIntroducer:
!
!    This parameter specifies the string that introduces status messages from
!    the hub. This string is prepended to the status text in all messages
!    from the server.
!
!    Default value: None
!#end
!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You may enable tracing in the RFA C++ by using the following cofigurations.

\Connections\Connection_RSSL\traceMsgToFile = true
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\traceMsgDomains = "all"
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\traceMsgMaxMsgSize = 5000000
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\traceMsgMultipleFiles = true
\Connections\Connection_RSSL\tracePing = true

Then, check the trace file if there is the prepended asterisk.

<!-- Incoming Message from '192.168.27.40:14002' on 'localhost' interface -->
<!-- Time: 11:11:33:771 -->
<!-- rwfMajorVer="14" rwfMinorVer="1" -->
<refreshMsg domainType="RSSL_DMT_MARKET_PRICE" streamId="3" containerType="RSSL_DT_FIELD_LIST" flags="0x1FA (RSSL_RFMF_HAS_PERM_DATA|RSSL_RFMF_HAS_MSG_KEY|RSSL_RFMF_HAS_SEQ_NUM|RSSL_RFMF_SOLICITED|RSSL_RFMF_REFRESH_COMPLETE|RSSL_RFMF_HAS_QOS|RSSL_RFMF_CLEAR_CACHE)" groupId="11" seqNum="63792" permData="0301 6465 62C0" qosDynamic="0" qosRate="1" qosTimeliness="1" dataState="RSSL_DATA_OK" streamState="RSSL_STREAM_OPEN" code="RSSL_SC_NONE" text="**All is well"  dataSize="1497">
    <key  flags="0x7 (RSSL_MKF_HAS_SERVICE_ID|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME|RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME_TYPE)"  serviceId="10004" name="TRI.N" nameType="1"/>
    <dataBody>
        <fieldList flags="0x9 (RSSL_FLF_HAS_FIELD_LIST_INFO|RSSL_FLF_HAS_STANDARD_DATA)" fieldListNum="79" dictionaryId="1">

If yes, it indicates the status text with the prepended asterish was sent by the ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The behaviour appears on RTDS 3.7.1, whereas 3.5 is fine

The config is identical for both versions and we havent got "statusTextIntroducer"; defined anywhere and having looked at the cpd files, it seem you have change the default from "None", as you showing above, with "*" as per below:

I think with 3.7.1 you have changed the default to *:

! *ads*"${route}".route*"${svc}"*statusTextIntroducer : *

!#help

! statusTextIntroducer:

!

! This parameter specifies the string that is prepended to the state text in

! all refresh and status messages coming from the upstream provider application.

! This can be useful to help determine what layer (local site or upstream) the

! state text and status events are being generated from.

!

! Default value: *

!#end

Which i found under the 3.7.1 package ads_pop.cnf, i could not find it defined anywhere else.

Then i tried this:

*ads*statusTextIntroducer : TEST

or

*ads*statusTextIntroducer : None

And still showing *

@Jirapongse see my findings

@Jirapongse this looks to me like a bug on 3.7.1. We are using a simple H/S ADH with 2 ADS, we havent defined statusTextIntroducer anywhere on the config, see attached rmds.cnf.txt

When defining anything at main level *ads*statusTextIntroducer : and it ignore any value given and still gives a *

rmdscnf.txt (33.1 KiB)

@Jirapongse digging more into it, found the below on "Whats new on 3.5.4":

Change default value for statusTextIntroducer to *

• BIZELEK-815

• RTDS-3948

statusTextIntroducer configuration parameter will prepend all status text received from upstream with the defined string. This has been traditionally used in cascading environments to determine where a status was generated (host site or on local site) but this is also valuable

Unfortunately i could not find anywhere on what to do to actually disable this feature

@Jirapongse it seems this needs to be done at ADH level, no longer at ADS POP level only.

Once i added the below to my main rmds.cnf:

*adh*statusTextIntroducer :

I no longer get the * but neither the "All is well" message:

state.png

Left is before i made changes

Right is after i made change, * no longer appears but now we get a "New session Mounted"

state.png (82.1 KiB)

@ivan.amo

You can contact the RTDS support team directly via MyRefinitiv. The support team can verify the behavior of this configuration.

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Hello @Jirapongse,

Thank you for your response.

I will investigate as suggested and follow with results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.