question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

Futures next expiry as of date

Hello,

I am using Datascope TimeAndSales TickHistory to download futures data. I am aware of using c1,c2 shorthand to get the next two expiries which works if downloading the data for T+1.

But if I want to do a backfill the API doesn't work out the next expiry as of historical date. Is there a way to do this?

Best,
Ryan

#technologytick-history-rest-apifutures
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @ryan.ohanlon ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@ryan.ohanlon

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

Hello Jirapongse,

Thank you for your response. c1, c2, . . . is short hand to get the next expiries for a future. However this doesn't work historically. i.e. if I were to query CLc1, CLc2 for 2023.01.02 the API doesn't return CLG3 and CLH3. However if I were to query for yesterday the 'Alias Underlying RIC' returns CLV3 and CLX3.
Thanks for the above screenshot. I am a refinitiv newbie. How can I filter Futures & Options Search for just crude oil i.e. CLV3 and CLX3 etc.

Edit:
Is it possible to query timeandsales datascope api using the shorthand c1, c2 historically without using Futures & Options Search ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Found my answer to my second question, just needed to filter on RICROOT

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@ryan.ohanlon

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am not really understand the question.

Typically, to extract data from Refinitiv Tick History, users need to specify an instrument list and a report teamplate with content fields.

If you don't know instruments, you can use the Futures & Options Search to search for instruments. For more information, please refer to the REST API Tutorial 18: Search for a Future or Option tutorial.

Otherwise, you can try the Futures & Options Search on DSS Web GUI.

1694490540679.png

1694490540679.png (42.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.