For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
69 11 20 19

Error for previously working request

Hi, I'm getting the following error for a request that was previously working fine, can you please advice?

DEBUG 2017-01-23 15:21:10,285 (69019) - Response Code : 500 / {"error":{"message":"ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.Storage.StoreLocationNotFoundException: File could not be located.\r\nPath: \\\\NAS_Primary\\ExtractedFiles\\9010721\\9010721.0x0593fc69b32b2f86._OnD_0x0593fc5bddcb3016.csv.gz.notes.txt ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'X:\\ExtractedFiles\\9010721\\9010721.0x0593fc69b32b2f86._OnD_0x0593fc5bddcb3016.csv.gz.notes.txt'.\r\n at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.Storage.FileSystem.FileSystemFacade.OpenRead(String path)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.Storage.Blob.Providers.FileSystem.FileSystemBlobHelper.HandleExceptions[T](Func`1 method, String path)\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.Storage.Blob.Providers.FileSystem.FileSystemBlobHelper.HandleExceptions[T](Func`1 method, String path)\r\n at Reuters.DataScopeSelect.DataLayer.Entity.Extractions.ReportExtractions.ExtractedFileRepository.GetDefaultStream(String extractedFileId)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ReportExtractions.ExtractedFileBase.GetDefaultStreamImpl()\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ReportExtractions.ExtractedFile.GetDefaultStreamImpl()\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ReportExtractions.ExtractedFileBase.GetDefaultStream()\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ExtractionsContext.<ExtractDatastormNotes>d__101.MoveNext()\r\n at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ExtractionsContext.ExtractRawLegacyResultImpl(IJob job)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ExtractionsContext.<GetRawExtractionResult>d__5b.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ExtractionsContext.<ExtractRawResultImpl>d__55.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Extractions.ExtractionsContextBase.<ExtractRawResult>d__25.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionsContextBaseController.<ExtractRawResult>d__23.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__3`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext() Error ID: [17387b35-a085-46fc-bdf4-758f0ddb5b9e]"}}

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsserror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
56 0 2 1

Hi Philipp,

I think we have determined the problem. There was a race condition of writing the notes file and marking the extraction done. We have put a fix in place for the 11.0 version. You can disregard my previous question.

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot!

Upvotes
56 0 2 1

Hi Philipp,

I'm looking into your issue. I will keep you updated as I find out more.

Regards,

Brian Parliament

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
56 0 2 1

Hi Philipp,

Our logging indicates that the results were delivered. Can you tell me if you did get the results and if so, did you get them after the error occurred?

We are continuing to work on this issue.

Regards,

Brian Parliament

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Brian, I can't tell if we got results. In case of HTTP 500 we are not processing any potential results. As this situation happens from time to time, I will add a log statement in case of HTTP 500 and will have a closer look on this. As soon as we have this situation again I will post the answer here.

Kind Regards

Philipp

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.