question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 5 7 10

Fuzzy name company search

Hi @nick.zincone ,

I am doing a company search based on fuzzy names. Following issue came up with the search namely: say I specify companies "SoftwareONE" , "Accenture". The query below returns results in random order. How to map results back to the companies I specified? (have 20K names). Many thanks. Grigorios

>>>mystr = 'SoftwareONE or Accenture'

>>>res = rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.ORGANISATIONS,
    query = mystr, 
    top = 1000,
  filter = " SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Companies/Issuers'",     
  select = "CommonName,PrimaryRIC, IssueISIN")

>>>res2 = res[res["PrimaryRIC"].isna() == False]

>>>res2
               CommonName PrimaryRIC
0           Accenture PLC        ACN
1  Softwareone Holding AG     SWON.S

and (before the "res2 = res[res" step):

>>>res

CommonName PrimaryRIC

0 Accenture PLC ACN

1 Softwareone Holding AG SWON.S

2 Accenture Global Capital DAC <NA>

3 Phantom Ventures LLC <NA>

4 Accenture Ventures <NA>

.. ... ...

547 SoftwareONE Taiwan Ltd <NA>

548 Softwareone Japan KK <NA>

549 Verein zur Absicherung der Pensionsverpflichtu... <NA>

550 Accenture Australia 2 Ltd <NA>

551 Accenture Capital Inc <NA>

#technology#contentrdp searchcompany-research
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cc'ing @Jirapongse

Hi @grigorios.mamalis ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvote
Accepted
5.1k 16 2 7

Hi @grigorios.mamalis ,

As much as I know and according to the Reference guide in API Playground, the results by default are sorted by score descending, where score comes from a combination of static (baked into the document at loading time) and dynamic (based on the request) components. See below.

screenshot-2023-10-06-at-152202.png

So I would advice using the OrderBy parameter to ensure the consistency of return (and perhaps you would need to sort your query names as well ). Hope this helps, and I will let my colleagues you added to post their thoughts as well in case I am missing something.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 5 7 10

Hi @aramyan.h , many thanks for the help. Actually I could not figure out where to look for the OrderBy in the Reference Guide link you sent. Still I could see from intellisense in CODEBK that we are talking about the order_by parameter. This works. A relevant question: I am using this search to get down to financial data info (revenues for public/private companies) etc: is there a way to get to the ParentOAPermID and from there to the financial data, again starting from a (fuzzy) Company Name? Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @grigorios.mamalis , you can add ParentCompanyOAPermID into your select statement under the Search query.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.