Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 2 1 4

How do i get the latest market price for instrument Apple

How do i get the latest market price for instrument Apple, i.e during market trading hours. via get data and get time series.

#technologyrefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ken03

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

I would suggest using get_history for historical data. Please not that you can combine the pricing and fundamental data fields in a single get_history request:

rd.get_history(
    universe=["AAPL.O"],
    fields=["BID", "ASK", 'TR.RevenueMean'],  
)

screenshot-2023-10-23-at-193742.png

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
5k 16 2 7

Hi @ken03 ,

You can use refinitiv data libraries to get the pricing data, including the market prices. Please find examples of using get_data and get_history function in our GitHub repo:

Example.DataLibrary.Python/Examples/1-Access at main · LSEG-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.Python (github.com)

Hope this helps and please let me know should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 2 1 4

Hi Haykaz,

There is a start date and an end date, i am wondering say if i am in the middle of the trading day and want the most current prices instead of 1 day before how should i set the end date? is it 1?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ken03 ,

If you are looking into intraday data, you can use get_history function with a more granular interval parameter (Supported values: tick, tas, taq, minute, 1min, 5min, 10min, 30min, 60min, hourly, 1h, daily, 1d, 1D, 7D, 7d, weekly, 1W, monthly, 1M, quarterly, 3M, 6M, yearly, 1Y). Below is an example with tick level granularity:

df  = rd.get_history("AAPL.O", fields =['TRDPRC_1', 'BID', 'ASK'],  interval = 'tick', count = 1000)

screenshot-2023-10-23-at-153859.png

You can also resample the output with a different frequency, using, eg:

df.ohlc("5s")

Best regards,

Haykaz

Upvotes
19 2 1 4

Haykaz i notice that the timestamp format which i pull from get_history and get_data is different, in that get_data has a yz at the end of the time. I am trying to combine the time series data with fundamental data

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.