For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Patch case by caseSystemId vs Request full screening for an existing case

In the documentation we can see that it is possible to use the endpoint to do a partial update given a caseSystemId, this endpoint allows us to send an empty body and the parameter screen=SYNC, which will execute a re-screning synchronously without doing a updating the fields. The result of this endpoint is similar to using the endpoint to create a new case.

We also have the option of using the endpoint to run a full or delta screening for an existing case, using the screeningMode parameter with the values FULL_SYNC and DELTA_SYNC. The documentation mentions that delta screening performs the screening from the last screening date and shows the new results that appeared after the last screening.

Questions:

1. Should the data used on both endpoints be caseSystemId and not caseId?
  2. On neither endpoint would we be creating a new case, just doing a re-screening, is that correct?
  3. In the case of using the endpoint for patching, is a delta or full screening executed?
  4. Does using full/delta screening involve an additional cost?

#productcase
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @tonatiuh.flores ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@tonatiuh.flores

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
1.1k 2 2 3

@tonatiuh.flores - Thank you for your patience.

1. Right - the data used on both endpoints should use caseSystemId and not caseId
  2. Exactly. You are not creating a new case for either endpoints; the PATCH endpoint updates a case while the POST endpoint re-screens an existing case (it's following the asynchronous approach).
  3. When calling on the PATCH https://api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com/v2/cases/{caseSystemId} endpoint, a full screening is executed.
  4. There is no additional cost for the full/delta screening. If you would like to perform delta screening, you simply have to follow the steps and suggestions per the documentation:
    1699322529007.png

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I am happy to help.

Blessings,

Judith

1699322529007.png (38.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

Hello @tonatiuh.flores - thank you for reaching out to us. I will be looking into your query and have answers to your questions by Monday. Thank you for your patience!

Blessings,

Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @judith.pillado.lseg thanks for you response,. I would like to know if there is any news about this topic?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks for your response @judith.pillado.lseg. Last questions, is there a difference between the patch endpoint and request full or delta screening endpoint? Besides obviously being able to update, is there a difference in re-screening?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

Hello @tonatiuh.flores - thank you for your question. There isn't a difference between both endpoints rescreening-wise, but I will investigate further and if I find any differences, I will post them on this thread. Thanks,

Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @judith.pillado.lseg, what happens if a Request full or delta screening of a case was deleted? What will be the answer? generates an error?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
1.1k 2 2 3

Hello @tonatiuh.flores - thank you for your question. When a case has been deleted, then you would get a 404 (if you are inputting an appropriate request body). Below is an example of a case I archived and then deleted: 1699579239513.png

Unfortunately, when you delete a case, there is no error cause as seen above. However, when you archive a case, it does give you the specific error (400 HTTP):
1699579428613.png

I would encourage you to download and test the several endpoints we offer here, and if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Blessings,

Judith

1699579239513.png (57.3 KiB)
1699579428613.png (60.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

We are going to consider the information you gave to me. Thanks @judith.pillado.lseg for your answer. I would like to ask another question but it is about signing text signature I'm not getting correctly. I understand this could be another topic, so I'm going to ask it into another thread. Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

@tonatiuh.flores - You are most welcome. Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.