question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 4

load futures option market daily data for a whole chain in a single query

Can I load future option market daily data for a set (potentially all) options on a specific future, for example for:

For example:

December 2023 monthly options expiring on CLZ3

open/high/low/close/volume/last_bid/last_ask

daily for the past [2] days

In one query.

I am currently loading all RIC's for future option chains and then loading the historical bars using one api call per RIC, but due to the large number of queries I am running into the API rate limit very rapidly.

pythonworkspace-data-api#technologyrefinitiv-data-platformpython apirefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @pvklooster ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.1k 16 2 7

Hi @pvklooster ,

You can use single API request for a set of rics, however as you rightfully noticed in this thread will turn into multiple requests under the hood counting towards your API limits. And as such I am afraid I can't suggest another efficient way in terms of avoiding the rates limits. Perhaps, an option would be to use stream recorder as I suggested in that thread. Sorry If I am missing the specifics of your use case and happy to look at this further if you could elaborate a bit with example codes you are using.

I will let my colleagues to contribute as well if I am missing something here in terms of our API specifics.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.