Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 3

Eikon scheduled to close?

Hi there,

Just received a mail saying by 2025 you will withdraw EIKON in 2025. What will happen to the Eikon API solution? Is the "Workspace API" the same service?

eikon-data-apiworkspace-data-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @me39

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 0 1

Hi @me39

Hope this msg finds you well.

Yes, Eikon will sunset in 2025. However, LSEG is upgrading the current Eikon (java) for Workspace (html5). It is a new platform that will leverage your workflow for a new level of experience. Moreover, the API is quite the same, you may not have negative impact. I suggest that you contact your Account Manager or CSM to plan the upgrade for the next couple of weeks or months.

Hope this helps.

Kind regard,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

Hi @me39 ,

Thank you for your question. Refinitiv Data Library is our new library which sits on top of refinitiv data platform offering capabilities of Eikon plus many other functionalities and parametrisations. You can learn more here and access examples here.

And if you still would want to use eikon functions you can import these from the Refinitiv Data Libraries:

import refinitiv.data.eikon as ek

Hope this helps, please let us know should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.