question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How to connect to Refinitiv Workspace Excel programmatically with VBA?

In its previous version, Eikon. I am able to connect and sign in Eikon Excel programmatically with VBA as below.

Is there any similar VBA codes for Workspace?

Sub signin_connect()

'Enable COM Add-ins

For i = 1 To Application.COMAddIns.Count

If Application.COMAddIns(i).Description = "Refinitiv Eikon - Microsoft Office" Then

Application.COMAddIns(i).Connect = True

Exit For

End If

Next i

'auto sign in

Application.Run "PLLoginEventHandler"

End Sub

workspace#productexcelvba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@charlie.chan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@charlie.chan So Workspace does not ship with the legacy COM APIs. They have been legacy APIs for many years now. It is also unclear how long VBA will be supported as well - particularly as Microsoft have just released their new Python in Excel capabilities. Workspace ships with a suite of APIs using web standards based technologies eg request-response web APIs and also websocket connections for streaming. We have produced a guide on how to migrate functionality from COM APIs to our Data Libraries - which are provided in 3 flavours, Python, .NET and TypeScript. So the VBA editor does not support any of these features but you can use product such as XLwings to deal with the interop with excel from Python in a very simple and intuitive way - we have some articles with examples here and here (these 2 articles use a Platform Session (we are currently converting these to Desktop session samples)- but you can also use a desktop session as seen in the following webinar here). I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.