Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Complete list of fields available via Eikon API get_data requests?

Is there a datatype definitions guide for the Eikon API which lists all of the available fields and the permissible parameters for Eikon API get_data requests?

Searching for fields manually one by one in data item browser in Workspace is not very practical, nor is manual search in the Excel add-in.

As an example of what I am looking for, Worldscope publishes a 'Worldscope Database Datatype Definitions Guide' which lists all of the available fields in the database and contains information on how to query the data and information on frequency, formats, currency etc.

Before posting I have looked through the Eikon API Overview, Quick start, documentation, downloads and tutorials. I have also searched the user forums but I have not found an answer to my question in any of those places.

#productfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Caspero

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Caspero

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Hi @Caspero ,

I believe our support team will be better positioned to answer content related questions. I would suggest raising a content query via Helpdesk by mentioning that you want to have the list of fields available in DIB.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
98 5 5 15

dear @Caspero

to get all available fields, you can use refinitiv_data library as shown below.

Using this library if no field is indicated, the library returns alla avilable fields for the requested ric.

import refinitiv.data as rd

data=rd.get_data('AAPL.O')

hope it responds.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @anass.yazane.1 for the comment, indeed it will return available fields which is coming from the historical pricing endpoint, however it should be noted it won't return many others which can be used in get_data, e.g the TR fields, which can be found from DIB.

Best regards,

Haykaz

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.